Ready rolled puff pastry spread with tahini, chilies and garlic and baked till crispy make great nibbles, perfect for a shower, birthday or even a cocktail party.
Today we are celebrating our fellow blogger and sweet friend Courtney of NeighborFood who will shortly be welcoming her ”little mister.” Since we can’t actually get together, Nancy from gotta get baked has organized a virtual baby shower, which doesn’t have gifts but certainly has a lot of good food to welcome the sweet baby boy and send best wishes to his eager parents. Make sure to scroll down to see the link list to all the party food! And if you want to follow Courtney for delicious dishes and upcoming baby news, do like her blog Facebook page or follow her on Instagram.
These puff pastry palmiers are so easy to make, and so delicious. I could have eaten the whole plate!
1/4 cup or 60g tahini
1 fresh red chili pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry, thawed.
Chop chili finely. You can deseed first if you’d like to reduce the amount of spiciness. Put tahini, chopped chili, garlic, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Stir well.
Unroll your thawed puff pastry on top of a large piece of cling film.
Spread your paste evenly over the pastry, making sure to go all the way to edges.
Use the cling film underneath to help you fold the bottom in to the middle.
Now fold the top in to the middle.
Now fold the bottom over the top side as if you are closing a long book.
Use the cling film under the roll to tightly cover it and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
Unwrap the roll and cut it in half. Rewrap one half and put it back in the refrigerator. Cut the other half in half inch or 1 cm slices with a sharp knife.
Bake for 10-12 minutes in your preheated oven on one side and then flip and bake 5-6 minutes more on the other, or until golden and crispy. Cool on a wire rack.
Repeat the process with the second half of the roll. This makes about 20 spicy tahini palmiers.
Check out all the divine food we are bringing along to Courtney's virtual baby shower!
- Button Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Peach Slush from Heather’s Dish
- Cream Soda Peach Floats from Jelly Toast
- Easy Apple Tart from gotta get baked
- Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca from Pineapple and Coconut
- Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Pie from Melanie Makes
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream from A Cookie Named Desire
- Spicy Tahini Palmiers from Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Twix Millionaire Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread from Namely Marly
- Watermelon Lime Mocktail from The Live-In Kitchen