My mom has a go-to place in Houston when she is out running errands. It’s called Rajah’s and her standard order is two samosas and a sweet lassi. Somehow the cool yogurt drink goes perfectly with the spicy fried samosas filled with curried potatoes and peas. And the two together make the perfect snack.
This week my Sunday Supper group is cooking and creating with coconut so I made a delightful chickpea potato curry for the Sunday Supper website. So Tasty! For this space, what could be more perfect than a complementary lassi? The sharp lime juice and yogurt were deliciously mellowed by the creamy coconut and the honey added just the right amount of sweetness. This drink would also make a delicious cocktail with the simple addition of a little rum.
Ingredients - for about 12 oz or 355ml. One tall glass or two shorter glasses, if you feel like sharing.
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup or 240ml coconut milk
1/3 cup or 85g plain Greek (thick) yoghurt
6-8 ice cubes
Add the lime juice and honey to a large clean jar. Swirl around or stir until the honey dissolves in the lime juice.
Add in the coconut milk, yogurt and ice.
Put the lid on the jar and shake until well combined and frothy. Pour into glass or glasses.
Garnish with slices of lime.
Are you craving coconut? This is your Sunday! Many thanks to our host Conni of Cosmopolitan Cornbread and our event manager Shelby of Grumpy’s Honeybunch for all of their hard work this week.
- Coconut Granola Bowla by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Coconut French Toast by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Make Ahead Healthy Piña Colada Breakfast Parfait by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Piña Colada Granola (grain free) by My Life Cookbook
- Piña Colada Nut Bread by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Piña Colada Overnight Oats by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Piña Colada Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Chickpea Potato Curry by Sunday Supper Movement
- Piña Colada Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Piña Colada Chicken Skewers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Barbecue Chops with Colada Slaw by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pound Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookies and Coconut Cream Popsicles by Books n’ Cooks
- Creamy Dairy-Free Vegan Coconut Ice Cream by Positively Stacey
- Easy Piña Colada Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Piña Colada Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Homemade Samoas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Island Breeze Piña Colada Panna Cotta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kheer by What Smells So Good?
- Mini Roasted Blueberry and Coconut Cream Trifles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Piña Colada Bars by Dessert Geek
- Piña Colada Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Piña Colada Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Piña Colada Energy Balls by Wholistic Woman
- Piña Colada Flan by Asian In America
- Piña Colada Ice Cream by Palatable Pastime
- Piña Colada Rice Pudding by Hardly A Goddess
- Piña Colada Trifle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Piña Colada Upside Down Cake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pineapple Coconut Pudding by Magnolia Days
- Samoa Smacky Delicious Mix by Cooking With Carlee
- Toasted Coconut Sour Cherry Sundae by Pies and Plots
- Tropical Fruit Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Boozy Coconut & Caramel Milkshakes by Momma’s Meals
- Coconut Banana Rum Smoothie by Desserts Required
- Coquito by Monica’s Table
- Lime Coconut Lassi by Food Lust People Love
- Piña Colada Freeze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Piña Colada Smoothie by A Mind Full Mom
- Spiced Piña Colada by Family Around the Table
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.