I was awake in the middle of the night last week, thinking up muffin flavors and pondering what goes good together. And suddenly inspiration hit. What goes better than all the ingredients that make up my favorite Caesar salad dressing? And even better, it occurred to me that a little savory muffin is perfect for that start of #AppetizerWeek, which, if you have been paying attention, is also my birthday week and the party continues!
So, without further ado, welcome to Day 1 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in every day starting today, Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Lots of great prizes will be up for grabs so you do not want to miss one single day. Follow #AppetizerWeek on Twitter to keep up to date with all our amazing recipes and giveaways! And, of course, we have a Pinterest board!
Ingredients - 36 cocktail muffins
2 cups or 250g all purpose flour
1 cup, grated, or 90g Parmesan cheese (plus a little extra for after baking, optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup or 60ml fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup or 180ml milk
1/4 cup or 60ml olive oil (For added flavor, I like to use the oil from the anchovy can then top up with more olive oil to make the required amount.)
1 small can (46g net weight, 25g drained) anchovies in olive oil
1 large clove garlic
Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C and liberally grease some 36-cup combination of mini muffin pans. I have three pans that make 12 mini muffins each.
Grate your Parmesan, if not already grated, and mince your anchovies and garlic.
Grind your half teaspoon of black pepper. (A set of OXO grinders just like mine are in the giveaway today! I bought them myself last year and love them. You WANT to win these, so scroll down and enter.)
|Set your measuring spoon on a plain piece or paper and start grinding. When you think you have just about enough, fold the paper in half and finish filling the spoon. Voila! Mess-free, measured, fresh ground pepper.|
In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, black pepper and Parmesan.
In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice, garlic and anchovies.
Pour your liquids into the dry ingredients and fold until just mixed.
Divide the batter between the prepared cups in the muffin pan.
Just for fun, I made the last batch in my (well-greased) little madeleine pans. They came out so cute!
Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are lovely and golden. Sprinkle on a little more Parmesan, if desired. More cheese always equals better in my book.
Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes then remove to a wire rack to continue cooling. If the cheese sticks to your pan, just run a knife around the muffins to loosen them.
These are fabulous warm and go great with a glass of wine or whatever cocktail you are serving.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more Football Munching Temptations:
- Pizza Pull Apart Bread by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Grilled Guacamole by Kiss My Smoke
- Crab Layer Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Easy Individual Pizzas by Call Me Pmc
- Chocolate Malta Wings by Food Done Light
- Mom's Famous Chicken Ball by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheddar Bacon Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Tamari Roasted Chickpeas by Je suis alimentageuse
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Wing Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Microwave BBQ Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Pulled Pork Sliders by The NY Melrose Family
- Cheese Bean Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Chipotle Cheese Dip by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Vegetables and Romesco Crostini by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Buffalo Ranch Cheese Ball by What's Cooking, Love?
- Buffalo Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Mini Maryland Crabcakes by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Sesame Pecan Chicken Wings by Makobi Scribe
- Pina Colada Cheese Ball by Home Cooking Memories
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsaby Clarks Condensed
- Sweetly Spicy Southern Meatballs by Cooking In Stilettos
- Butternut Squash, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Crostini by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Bites by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Caesar Mini Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Four Cheese Garlic Flat Bread by Try Anything Once Culinary
Our sponsor for Day 1 of Appetizer Week is OXO. We are so happy they joined us today. OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. Their tools are designed with everyone in mind, they are not only efficient but they are also comfortable to use. As food bloggers we spend a ton of time in the kitchen. We need our tools to not only stand the test of time, but to be as user-friendly as possible. OXO tools meet all those requirements. You can follow OXO on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram. Today's OXO Prize Pack valued at over $256 includes:
- 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
- 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- Citrus Juicer
- Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer
- 2 Cup Angled Measuring Cup
- 6 Piece Measuring Cup Set in Black
- 6 Piece Measuring Spoon Set in Black
- 3 Piece Large Bowl and Colander Set in Red
- Garlic Press
- Silicone Pastry Brush
- Utility Cutting Board in Red
- Pop Container Big Square in 4.0 Quart Size
- Pop Scoop
- Oil Stopper/Pourer
- Pastry Scraper/Chopper
- Coarse Hand-Held Grater
- Salt and Pepper Grinder Set
- 12 inch Silicone Tongs
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by OXO. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***