I am a huge fan of bacon for breakfast or brunch, especially when it is combined with sweet and spicy elements like chili peppers and maple syrup. Today my Sunday Supper group is sharing brunch recipes that can be made ahead of time. I suggest you bookmark this post for Mother's Day.
1 lb or 450g thick cut smoked streaky bacon
1 small hot red chili, stem removed
1/8 cup or 30ml maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C.
Place your bacon strips single file on wire cooling racks set in two baking pans.
Use a mortar and pestle to grind the chili pepper, even the seeds if you like things spicy, into a fine paste. Add in the maple syrup and stir well to combine.
Bake the bacon for 20 minutes, switching the pans from top to bottom shelves in the oven midway through.
Remove from the oven and brush with the chili maple syrup. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
Remove from the oven and turn the slices of bacon over. Brush with the rest of the chili maple syrup. Return the bacon to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the bacon is done to your liking.
Enjoy warm or to save it for the next day, wrap the baked chili maple bacon in foil and store in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven the next morning, still wrapped in the foil, or remove the foil to warm in the microwave.
Make Ahead Sunday Supper Brunch Recipes
- Apple and Bacon Cornmeal Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Lemon Crumb Cake by Life Tastes Good
- Nana’s New York Crumb Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Overnight Nutty Coffee Cake by Family Around The Table
- Asparagus Quiche in Hash Brown Crust by Wimpy Vegetarian
- Baked Deviled Eggs with Toast Points by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Empanadas by Asian In America
- Make Ahead Baked Monte Cristo Cassarole by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole by Soulfully Made
- Sorrel, Chive & Duck Egg Frittata by Wholistic Woman
- Sous Vide Egg Bites by Cricket’s Confections
Sides and Veggies
- Asparagus Tart with Goat Cheese and Spring Greens by Monica’s Table
- Baked Chili Maple Bacon by Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Orange Oatmeal Bowls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette by Helpful Homemade
- Vegetable Lasagna by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Citrus Crepes with White Chocolate Drizzle by Gourmet Everyday
- Flourless Chocolate Torte by Pies and Plots
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast Casserole by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Almond Crumble by Sunday Supper Movement
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.