What a fabulous day it is today! Not only is it National Margarita Day, but my Sunday Supper group is getting ready for the Red Carpet and the Academy Awards by bringing you wonderful recipes for drinks and dishes perfect for any party. Our host for this great event is Katie from Ruffles and Truffles. Since I’m hours and hours ahead of the US here in Dubai, the Oscars will be on live at 5:30 a.m. Monday morning for me. I’ve got it set up to record and I’ll watch while I sip coffee and eat my breakfast at a more reasonable and civilized time. After all, those award ceremonies are all about the glitz and glamor and I can’t imagine feeling glamorous at 5:30 a.m. and certainly not before the first cup of coffee!
Ingredients for 16 stuffed potatoes - This recipe is easily doubled or trebled.
8 small potatoes (Mine weighed a little more than 10 1/2 oz or 300g.)
1/2 cup or 120ml thick sour cream
1 3/4 oz or 50g hot smoked trout
Optional for serving: Cayenne
Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C. Give your baby new potatoes a good scrub to make sure they are clean. Dry them thoroughly and then put them in a baking tray and drizzle them with olive oil.
Bake them for about 30 minutes or until they are tender all the way through. Leave them to cool.
Meanwhile, mince your chives and add them to the sour cream. Stir well.
Use the tines of a fork to flake your smoked trout.
Once the little potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scoop out the insides, leaving enough potato inside the skin so that they form little bowls. I used a grapefruit spoon.
In a small mixing bowl, combine your flaked trout with your potato insides and stir well.
Fold in the sour cream with chives.
Spoon the filling into the potato halves or use a plastic bag with a corner cut off to pipe it in.
Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
And, without further ado, the nominees are:
For Best Supporting Appetizer
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma's Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu's Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.