Caipirinhas are the quintessential Brazilian cocktail, made with local cane alcohol called cachaça, lots of lime juice and a big spoon of sugar. Just go easy because they sneak up on you.
Welcome to Cocktail Day, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic, Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake, and Donna of Cookistry. We are raising our glasses to toast you all with some unique and delicious cocktails and mocktails in anticipation of the Big Game and Valentine’s Day. Be sure to bookmark or pin these creative beverages for your next gathering. We hope you enjoy this marvelous event and the incredible giveaways from our generous sponsors. Cheers!
It’s my birthday week so I am delighted to be starting it out with cocktails and prizes! Make sure you scroll down to the bottom and enter the Rafflecopter widget and read about all the lovely giveaways we have for you today! And check out the 28 festive libations my fellow bloggers have made for the party! (I’m pretending they are all for my birthday! Yay!) I’m sharing one of my favorite cocktails, a love acquired when we lived in Brazil for several years. My dear husband got very good at making caipirinhas, so he volunteered to do the needful while I took photos.
1 lime per glass
1 generous tablespoon sugar or more if you like things sweeter (Authentically, this should be coarse grain sugar but the normal white stuff works if that’s all you have.)
Cut the lime into quarters and use your same sharp knife to remove all the seeds. We happened to be using seedless limes this time.
Put the lime into a short glass, adding a generous tablespoon of sugar. Or more if you like things sweet.
Smash the limes and sugar with a muddler.
Now fill the glass with crushed ice and top it up with cachaça.
Finally, give it a good stir. Serve with a short straw for sipping.
|Now wasn't that simple?|
Cheers to my fellow Cocktail Day bloggers, who are mixing it up with me today! I'll take one of each, please!
- Pomegranate Party Punch by Cravings of a Lunatic
- White Cosmopolitans by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Buttered Chocolate Rum by Cookistry
- Apple Pie Moonshine by Lola’s Kitchen
- Bacon Jalapeño Bloody Mary by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Blood Orange Old Fashioned by Kelly Bakes
- Caipirinhas by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Martini by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Cupcake Cocktail by JavaCupcake
- Ciderhouse Whiskey by From the Bookshelf
- Citrus Cranberry Punch by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Coconut-Key Lime Pie Martini by Home Cooking Memories
- Egyptian Martini by Cooking In Stilettos
- Espresso Martini by Liv Life
- Frosty Lemon Drop Martini by The Hopeless Housewife
- Frozen Marshmallow Mudslide by 365 Days of Baking & More
- Ginger Raspberry Fizzy by Try Anything Once
- Iced Cake Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Le Jardinier by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mandarin Mulled Wine by Food Babbles
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Gin Fizz by Crumb
- Muddled Rosemary and Pineapple Cocktail by My Catholic Kitchen
- Nutella Martini by The Pink Flour
- Peach Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Margarita by Miss in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Safe Sex on the Beach by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Side Car with Dried Cherries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories ·
- Winter Fruit White Wine Sangria by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Our sponsors for Cocktail Day are Molecule-R, Page St. Publishing, Race Point Publishing, Fair Winds Press, Microplane, and Not So Simple Syrup.
Molecule-R can be found on Facebook, and YouTube. Molecular gastronomy can be defined as the fusion of food science and culinary arts. Molecular gastronomy by Molecule-R is a cookbook with stunning recipes explained and illustrated with the intelligence and aesthetic beauty that defines the MOLECULE-R brand. Mojito R-Evolution teaches you how to deconstruct your mojito into floating mint caviar and spectacular foams or encapsulate your favorite cocktail into a sphere that will explode in your mouth. Margarita R-Evolution teaches you how to create a margarita slush topped with a fresh lemon mousse, add a splash of colour by creating blue azure suspended pearls or encapsulate your margarita into an edible cocktail! Cosmo R-Evolution teaches you how to add a molecular twist to your traditional cosmo sure to awe your guests! Serve a cosmopolitan bubble on a spoon that will pop in your mouth, top off your cocktail with a light fluffy cranberry foam or suspend citrus caviar in your drink.
Microplane can be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Microplane is a division of family-owned Grace Manufacturing Inc., a long-standing company specializing in the crafting of precision thin metal parts for home and industrial use. The versatile Ultimate Citrus Tool features Microplane’s surgical grade stainless steel Fine blade. In addition, the Ultimate Citrus Tool features two decorative garnishing blades in a large (.300-inch diameter) and small (.180-inch diameter) size. The blades are made in the USA and are dishwasher safe. Microplane’s sleekly designed and multi-functional Bartender’s Garnishing Tool easily opens bottles, effortlessly zests oranges, lemons, limes, and other types of citrus fruits, and is dishwasher safe.
|A special thank you to The Messy Baker for allowing us |
to use her gift basket photo. We really appreciate it.
Not So Simple Syrup can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie's passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your pension for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas and non-alcoholic beverages too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. The Not So Simple Syrup Survival Gift Basket has two flavors of delicious all natural Not So Simple Syrup, a muddler for the perfect Mojito you might want to create, two glasses and a bar towel.
Page St. Publishing, Race Point Publishing, Fair Winds Press are three amazing publishing companies. Check them out and spend some time poking about. They publish the most amazing cookbooks on the planet. We're lucky to have three wonderful cookbooks up for grabs thanks to these companies today.
The list of prizes for Cocktail Day:
- 2 Individual copies of Molecule Gastronomy by Molecule-R Cookbook
- 1 Set of Mojito R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
- 1 Set of Margarita R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
- 1 Set of Cosmo R-evolution (Molecular Mixology Kit)
- 1 Copy of The Architecture of the Cocktail sponsored by Race Point Publishing
- 1 Copy of Apothecary Cocktails sponsored by Fair Winds Press
- 1 Copy of The Best Craft Cocktails and Bartending with Flair sponsored by Page St. Publishing
- 1 Not So Simple Gift Basket
- 1 Microplane Bartender’s Garnishing Tool
- 1 Microplane Citrus Tool
***This giveaway is intended for each prize to have a separate winner! No person can win multiple prizes. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winners will be chosen by random draw. The winners will be notified via e-mail, and have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by our sponsors, no bloggers have received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway