Welcome to Day 6 and the FINAL day of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Today is our final day of #AppetizerWeek. We hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have! Should we make it an annual event? I think so!
Appetizer Week has been crazy good fun! Nothing says celebration and PARTY like finger food! Am I right? My enormous thanks go out to our co-hosts and organizers Kim and Kristen, who kept us all in line, worked through sickness and lack of sleep, and made this whole week with its awesome giveaways happen! If you haven't gone to their blogs yet to say howdy, head on over there now and tell them they rock! Because they do. They really, really do!
2 potatoes (Together mine weighed about 13 3/4 oz or 390g.)
5 oz or 140g cream cheese at room temperature
4 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
Tiny piece purple onion 1/3 oz or 10g
6 oz or 170g thinly sliced smoked salmon
Chopped parsley, mint or fennel fronds to decorate, optional
Peel your potatoes and slice them into rounds about 1/4 inch or 6mm thick. I got about 10 or 11 good slices from each potato and discarded the end bits, which would have been too small to match the rest.
Drizzle a little olive oil on a non-stick griddle pan and cook your potatoes in batches until they are browned on both sides and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
Mix the cream cheese, yogurt and lemon juice together in a small bowl and give it a generous few grinds of black pepper.
Thinly slice your purple onion.
Put the cream cheese mixture in a Ziploc bag and cut a small corner off so you can squeeze it out.
Share the cream cheese mixture out between the cooked potato slices, reserving just a little bit to garnish.
Cut the smoked salmon slices into skinnier pieces and roll them up. Set two or three small rolls on the cream cheese mixture.
Finish with another small dab of the cream cheese mixture and top with a sliver of the purple onion. If you like onion and know your crowd does too, feel free to put more.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, mint or fennel fronds to decorate, if desired.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more dishes for the Big Game:
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Kiss My Smoke
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Kickin' Meatballs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Vegan Creamy Spinach Dip by Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Salsa Cheesecake by Organized Island
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bites by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Parmesan and Dill Snack Crackers by From Gate to Plate
- Game Day Guacamole by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Spiced Popcorn by Wonky Wonderful
- Smoked Salmon Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Queso Stuffed Padron Peppers over Romesco by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Hoisin Beef and Scallion Rolls by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Salmon Potato Stacks by Food Lust People Love
- Party Pinwheels by My Catholic Kitchen
- Parmesan Asparagus Phylo Spears by Makobi Scribe
- Black Bean Hummus by Home Cooking Memories
- Mini Beef Wellingtonsby Clarks Condensed
- PB & J Wings by Cooking In Stilettos
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Roasted Almonds by Try Anything Once Culinary
Today's giveaway is absolutely amazing. It is a huge cookbook giveaway, one winner takes ALL. We would like to thank Healthy Slow Cooking, Scarletta Bakes, Quarry Spoon and Fair Winds Press. We appreciate all our sponsors and folks who helped put together this fabulous giveaway. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Sorry to all our Canuck and International friends.
Cookbooks up for grabs for #AppetizerWeek, one winner takes ALL:
- Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just For You by Kathy Hester
- The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
- The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester
- The New Southwest: Classic Flavors with a Modern Twist by Meagan Micozzi
- Easy as Pie Pops: Small on Size and Huge on Flavor and Fun by Andrea Smetona
- Stuffed The Ultimate Comfort Food Cookbook: Taking Your Favorite Foods and Stuffing Them to Make New, Different and Delicious Meals by Dan Whalen
- Baking by Hand: Make the Best Artisanal Breads and Pastries Better Without a Mixer by Andy King
- Bake and Destroy: Good Food for Bad Vegans by Natalie Slater
- Stealth Health Lunches Kids Love: Irresistible and Nutritious Gluten-Free Sandwiches, Wraps and Other Easy Eats by Tracy Griffith
- Scoop Adventures: The Best Ice Cream of the 50 States: Make the Real Recipes from the Greatest Ice Cream Parlors in the Country by Lindsay Clendaniel
- Gluten-Free 101: The Essential Beginner's Guide to Easy Gluten-Free Cooking by Carol Fenster
- Vegan Food Gifts by Joni Marie Newman
- Whole Grain Vegan Baking by Celine Steen
- Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats From Around the World by Allyson Kramer
- The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook by Molly Krause
- 500 Paleo Recipes by Dana Carpenter
- Paleo Sweets and Treats by Heather Connell
- Fire in my Belly by Kevin Gillespie
- Latin American Street Food by Sandra Gutierrez
- Eat your Vegetables by Joe Yonan
- Cooking Slow by Andy Schloss
a Rafflecopter giveaway
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by sponsors. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***