Welcome to the final day, Day #6 of Kick Off to Summer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Lauren of From Gate to Plate and Summer of Summer Scraps. With summer quickly approaching and the US holiday Memorial Day less than two weeks away, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your Memorial Day and summer activities. For the past six days we have been serving up a variety of different appetizers, main dishes, desserts, decor, printables and more all centered around the upcoming holiday. We hope you enjoyed all of these wonderful ideas and thank you for tuning in each day. We have great prizes up for grabs and you will not want to miss out on any of the days! Be sure to check out previous days out here, because there is still time to enter! Follow #KickOffToSummerWeek2014 on Twitter to keep up to date with all of our spectacular ideas and giveaways!
I hope you have enjoyed Kick Off to Summer Week as much as I have! It's been great fun to see the imaginative recipes and crafts my fellow bloggers have been posting. Many thanks to our hosts for all their hard work in putting this together and for organizing the $160 Amazon gift card giveaway. Make sure to scroll on down and enter for a chance to win! It didn't take me long to decided what to share with you today, because 1. It's my new favorite drink and 2. What better way to end a celebration than with a cocktail! This one's got summer written all over it.
1.5 oz 45ml vodka
3 oz or 90ml pomegranate juice
3 oz or 90ml (or to the top of your glass) Pellegrino Limonada or lemon-lime soda
Optional garnish: lemon slices and fresh pomegranate arils
Slice your lemon, remove the seeds and loosen a small handful of arils from your pomegranate.
Fill your tall cocktail glass with ice.
Pour in your vodka.
Add in the pomegranate juice.
|This was the first of two jiggers of juice.|
Top up with the sparkling lemonade.
Garnish with lemon slices and some fresh pomegranate arils.
Cheers! Here's to a happy, healthy summer for all!
Don't forget to check out the rest of my blogger friends who've participated in this great event and tell them how much you've enjoyed this week.
- Grilled Garlic and Basil Rubbed Pork Chops by From Gate to Plate
- Mango Lassi by The Haas Machine
- Shrimp and Corn Salsa Shooters by It's Yummi
- 15 Barbecue Favorites by Summer Scraps
- Greek Pork Kebabs with Tzatziki by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Favorite Popcorn Balls by Forty Eighteen
- Making Memorial Day a Family Affair by Bits of Ivory
- Sea Breeze Punch by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Steak Sandwich Stackers by Lady Behind the Curtain
- Memorial Day Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Steak Verde Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Love in the Kitchen
- Sriracha Coleslaw by It's a Keeper
- Lemon Pomegranate Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Cup S'mores by Little Dairy on the Praire
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs by Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Vintage Patriotic Book Craft by We Like to Learn as We Go
We've reached the end of our week-long journey helping you prep for Memorial Day and the start of summer, but before you go, enter the drawing for a $150 gift card to Amazon! Pretty awesome, right?! We're talking 160 smackaroos to buy all of your Memorial Day necessities. Whether it's a new grill, grilling utensils, cookbook, new cookware, or decor, we've got you covered! It's really easy to enter. Just follow along in the Rafflecopter! Good luck and thank you for partying along with us this week!
|This could be yours!|
a Rafflecopter giveaway
**The Amazon gift card has been sponsored by all of the bloggers represented in the link list. #KickOffToSummerWeek2014 bloggers have not received product or been compensated in any way as part of this giveaway.**